Crock Pot Cooking
Don't overlook the slow cooker as being just as valuable a kitchen tool as your stove or oven. While it's long been recognized as an ideal way to cook roasts and stews, it can do so much more - and we'll show you how. Our recipe collection will let you bake bread, fix breakfast, and even make a cake (in addition to all the tasty dinner and side dish recipes).
featured crock pot recipe
Get the featured crock pot recipe via email by signing up for our newsletter
Shrimp CreoleA simple yet delicious way to have seafood in the crock pot. It has all the traditional ingredients of authentic shrimp creole.
get the recipe →
dinners and entrees
Make family-favorite dinners like slow cooked pulled pork sandwiches, turkey and wild rice casserole, bbq short ribs, or curried chicken.
Cornish Game HensCornish game hens are stuffed with your choice of stuffing mix and then cooked in the crock pot with a lightly sweetened orange sauce. get the recipe →
soups and stews
Navy bean soup, hearty beef stew with mushrooms, spicy chili, corn and potato chowder, chicken gumbo - these are the meals your crock pot was made for.
Chili Without BeansWintery weather isn't quite gone yet for some of us. This hearty chili is just the recipe to warm you up. get the recipe →
appetizers & snacks
Your slow cooker can be a lifesaver when throwing a party. It's a great way to serve hot dips, chicken wings, appetizer meatballs, and so much more.
Spicy Cajun Buffalo WingsHot stuff, baby! These spicy crock pot wings were a huge hit. get the recipe →
desserts, breads, & baked goods
Caramel rolls, banana bread, and bread from frozen dough, are just a few of the surprising recipes you can make in your crockpot. And don't forget the sweet treats like cherry cream cobbler, five-layer brownies, or chocolate bread pudding.
White Chocolate Bread PuddingThis delicious dessert will have you loving your crock pot even more! The bread pudding has great texture and flavor. Try it, you won't be disappointed. get the recipe →
breakfast & brunch
What a great way to wake up, with breakfast already made! Tasty breakfast casseroles, overnight oatmeal, sausage and egg burritos, and even poached eggs.
OatmealPerfectly done oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, and fresh peaches. get the recipe →
slow cooked side dishes
Serve up delicious slow cooker sides like country baked beans, wild rice pilaf, corn bread stuffing, cheesy broccoli rice casserole, or southern black eyed peas.
Wild Rice PilafThe crock pot is an ideal vessel for making perfect wild rice. Mixed with mushrooms and lightly flavored with thyme, salt and pepper, this recipe was a great match to our meal. get the recipe →
Many pasta sauces need to be simmered slowly for the flavors to meld, which means the crock is the perfect kitchen tool for the job.
Fettucine & Pork CasseroleThis was GREAT! What a fabulous way to use a large pork tenderloin where you can eat the left-overs and no need to worry about heating and then having... get the recipe →
other crock pot recipes
popular crock pot recipesBrown Rice
What's a super-simple way to cook brown rice? In the slow cooker of course! Angel Chicken
Excellent and easy!!! The chicken was so moist and tasty,even pickiest eater in the house liked it. Cooked it on low for 5 hours and came out perfect! Chicken Tortilla Soup
This slow simmered tortilla soup isn't just delicious, it's also easy to make and forgiving if you want to adjust the ingredient quantities. Bayou Gumbo
A taste of the bayou indeed! With smoked sausage, shrimp, okra and rice you'll feel like you were in Cajun country. Homemade Chili
A thick, rich chili that is slow simmered all day. Made with ground beef, tomatoes, kidney beans, and chili powder Sausage And Egg Casserole
Need a great breakfast for a group? Make it ahead of time with this tasty all-in-one casserole made with eggs, sausage, and cheese.
newest crock pot recipesEasy Beer And Ketchup Meatballs Mexican Chicken Chili Zesty Pinto Beans Steak And Black Bean Chili Golden Fruit Compote Dagwood Soup
slow cooking advice and articles
1) A properly working crock pot uses as about as much electricity and resources as a light bulb - making it more economical than using your stove! It also won't heat up your kitchen in the summer months.
2) Place vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot and place meat on top. Fresh vegetables like carrots and potatoes take the longest to cook. Frozen vegetables may be placed on top of meat as they usually do not take as long.
3) Crock pot cooking times listed with the recipes are guidelines - actual cooking times may vary based on the brand of crock pot, size, amount of liquid or food, ingredient temperatures, etc. Certain brands cook at a much higher temperature than others. Get to know your crock pot so you can adjust times accordingly.
4) The crock pot should be filled 2/3rds full when cooking for best results. Scale recipes up or down to fit your size crock pot.
5) Make sure the lid fits snuggly. Crock pots create extra steam inside to keep foods moist. If the lid lets that steam out your food may dry out or even burn.
6) Do not put large pieces of frozen meat (such as whole chickens or roasts) in the crock pot. They will not heat evenly and dangerous bacteria can form in a short amount of time.
Convert Your Favorite Recipes To Crock Pot Recipes
|Oven Or Stovetop ||High Temp|
|15-30 minutes||1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours||4 - 8 hours|
|35-45 minutes||3 - 4 hours||6 - 10 hours|
|50 minutes - 3 hours || 4 - 6 hours||8 - 16 hours|