We respect the intellectual property rights of others and prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights on any site owned by CDKitchen, Inc. When we receive the proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement documentation, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and may remove the accounts of infringers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your own copyrighted work has been uploaded to any site owned by CDKitchen in violation of your copyright, you may provide our Designated Agent with written documentation as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) that contains substantially the following information:
Regarding Recipe Copyright
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed upon so that we can locate it on our site(s). Minimally you must include specific url(s) to the material (http://www.cdkitchen.com/somepage/name.html). You may additionally include screenshots of the material.
- Identify in sufficent detail where your copyrighted work or intellectual property can be found (ie: your website). You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to locate the alleged infringing material (for example, include the full url to the content on your website).
- Provide the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
- Include a statement by you that you believe in good faith that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- Include a statement by you that the information contained in your Notice is accurate and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
- Include your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
Please make sure your claim falls under U.S. Copyright law regarding recipes. A list of ingredients cannot be copyrighted. Directions (instructions) for a recipe that are generic, or the common steps someone would take to create such a recipe, cannot be copyrighted. If you have a question about what constitutes copyright infringement, please visit the US Copyright website at www.copyright.gov before filing a claim (see fraudulent claim information below).
You may submit your Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement by sending it to our Designated Agent by fax, mail, or E-Mail as set forth below:
CDKitchen Designated Copyright Agent
2043 Spyglass Hill
Leander, Texas 78641
Please note that you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys fees, if you materially misrepresent that content on our website has violated a copyright or intellectual property. Filing false documentation constitutes perjury.
Upon receiving the proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer of your claim. We also will advise the alleged infringer of the DMCA statutory Counter Notification procedure by which the alleged infringer may respond to your claim and/or request that we restore this material.
Regarding Use Of This Copyright Statement
It's come to our attention that people are simply copying this copyright statement verbatim and posting it on their own websites and blogs. Please note, you are not protected by DMCA rules simply by posting this statement. Speak to your attorney about registering your designated copyright agent with the US government (a DMCA requirement).